Friday, October 1, 2010

Coming back to you!

I'm sitting in JFK airport waiting for my flight back into your arms!

My flight from Boston to NYC was delayed for a couple of hours. I could have traveled faster with the Chinatown Fung Wah bus to NYC, but this way I was able to make a friend: A guy from Nashville who is friends with and lives four doors down from Andrew Belle. If you don't know who this guy is...he's my musician crush at the mo. Find him on Myspace. At first this guy was mega turn off due to his loquacious ways. It quickly became endearing as we chatted about music and places we've traveled. He was also super chill. Perhaps it only seemed this way in contrast to our anxious fellow passengers.

An irate couple were livid at the delay (due to inclement weather) and were frantically doing all within their power to expedite the process. Well, as we all know, their alleged power amounted to absolutely friggin' nothing except a lot of negative energy. When we finally began boarding, a team of police-men and women were showing us, the passengers lined up to board, pictures of two people who had skipped security and were already on the plane. They looked concerned and were clearly out of breath. (Cue to my worst nightmare: we are all going to be blown to the furthest reaches of the stratosphere in an Apocalyptic explosion...) My eyes bulged out a little at this point. Just a little.

The police force rushed onto the plane and dragged out the two suspects: the irate couple. The couple had apparently flown past security via the EXIT in hopes of making their flight (the one that was delayed for two hours). Don't ask me why it took security two hours to take action (I hang my head in worry and disbelief) but the rest of the plane had to wait an extra 10-20 minutes for the couple to make it back. I was super chapped and prayed that I would still make that flight to SLC. I even prayed that it would be delayed if needs me. Guess what? Yeah, it's delayed and I'm getting free internet!

Well, we're boarding now. I shall see you all SOON!

1 comment:

  1. Kristin, your descriptions stay in the mind long after the read. Thanks for sharing and sorry it took me so long to respond.

    ReplyDelete