Friday, September 24, 2010

Hey, this is my maiden voyage into a new corner of cyberspace. In fact, I just got through "talking" to Spencer on my chat space. He was impressed. I just found is little green dot on my computer screen somewhere, clicked it, and "voila," we were connected across who knows how many thousand miles. This is almost like the cold winter evening several years ago when Cody Carter let me look through his high-powered computer-generated telescope and I saw Saturn and its rings for the first time in my life. Fortuitously, it was the weekend after I had discussed Galileo's great astronomical discoveries with his improved telescope. It was one of the pivotal moments in life that changes your perspective forever. I guess this is one also. Thanks to Spence for getting it off the ground. As Wilbur once said: "I think it'll fly, Orville!"

No comments:

Post a Comment